This is a moist, easy side dish to make-sort of a very traditional side dish for the holidays. It’s made with cornbread mix and canned corn, so it’s easy to make.
Traditional Corn Casserole
- 1 can s regular sized can of creamed corn, undrained
- 1 can s regular sized can of corn, drained
- 1 box jiffy cornbread mix or use following substitution
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 to 3 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c sour cream
- use the following for a copycat jiffy mix or just use the store bought jiffy mix
- 2/3 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 c cornmeal
To make corn casserole combine all but half of the cheese in a bowl.
Pour into a large, greased 13x9 baking dish.
Bake at 350' until center is set & casserole is slightly golden, 35-40 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese & bake 5-10 more minutes. Then enjoy your corn casserole!
Please follow and like us: