Moist and yummy, made with fresh apples and the taste of fall with cinnamon and brown sugar. What a way to start the morning!
Cinnamon Swirl Apple Nut Bread
- 2 small apples, cored, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c coarsely-chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c butter
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c whole or 2 percent milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a regular loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, brown sugar and nuts.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Add sugar and beat an additional minute. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Mix flour and baking powder in medium bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually add flour to batter in mixing bowl alternately with milk on low speed. mixture.
- Pour half of batter into loaf pan and sprinkle with half of the chopped apples and then half of the cinnamon mixture. Top with remaining batter and the remaining apples and cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to cool.