There’s nothing like warm homemade vanilla pudding. When I’m feeling under the weather, sometimes I like to have this to warm my throat. It’s great chilled, but I love it warm.
Easy Homemade Vanilla Pudding
- 2 c 2 percent or whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/3 c flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp butter
- In a large measuring cup, measure milk and add egg yolks. Whisk or mix slightly with fork.
- Pour into a medium heavy saucepan and add sugar and flour. Whisk to combine and cook over medium heat until thickened, about 5-8 minutes, whisking constantly to prevent burning.
- When pudding has thickened, remove from heat and add vanilla and butter, stir. Cool in pan, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Pour into serving bowl or individual bowls and cover with plastic wrap.Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, but I love mine warm!