What an easy breakfast for the family. If you like the combined tastes of sweet & salty, this is for you.
This recipe makes 4 sammies, and they can be sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with syrup to make them extra special-kind of like french toast filled with salty ham and cheese but then topped with sweetness.
Easy Breakfast Sammies
- 8 slices bread, any kind
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices American or cheddar or cheese of your choice
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Preheat a griddle or skillet to 350 degrees. Place each piece of ham and cheese inside 2 pieces of bread, making 4 sandwiches.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk. Spray the heated cooking surface with nonstick cooking spray and then place butter evenly over cooking surface to melt.
3. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, coating on both sides, and place each on top of melted butter.
4. Grill on both sides, flipping, after golden brown. Serve with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and warm maple syrup. I eat mine without sugar & syrup sometimes too.