Couscous is a North African dish made from tiny steamed balls of semolina flour, so it’s actually pasta-teeny, tiny little pieces of pasta!
It cooks in the blink of any eye, so it’s really perfect for quick and easy dishes. This one is my favorite. Not one of my recipes, but taken from Just A Pinch Recipe Site-one of my favorite sites for great recipes that are tried & true. Click HERE for the recipe from Karie Houghton on JAP, and I also have it below.
Garden Couscous Salad by Karie Houghton via Just A Pinch
- 1 cup couscous, cooked
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 med cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. dijon mustard
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t pepper
- 1 t salt
Make basic couscous by bringing 1 cup of water to boil. Add tbsp butter and 1 cup couscous. Stir, cover, remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir to fluff.