By Paula Todora
I would go home and attempt to get the flavors just right, with no success. Then one day, she told me the secret was in the pork broth.
That’s when I changed my recipe up, and here it is-tastes similar to hers without actually having her family recipe. We love it!
Low Carb Lasagna with Green Beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 pkg beef sausage links sliced into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium pork chop or pork loin slice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium smoked ham or turkey leg, shank, etc
- 32 oz container chicken or chicken with bone broth or vegetable broth
- 4 large carrots sliced
- 10 small yellow or red skin potatoes skins on, cut in halfs or quarters
- 1 small head cabbage chopped
- 4 bay leaves dried, whole
- 1/2 tsp dried italian seasoning
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 c heavy cream
1. In a large covered pot, add olive oil and butter on medium high heat. When butter is melted, add sliced sausage and pork chop. Cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and pork is cooked through.
2. Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT heavy cream and stir. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to medium and cover.
3. Cook on medium to medium low, covered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed and right before serving, add cream and stir.
4. Remove from heat and ladle into bowls and serve with hard rolls. The best part is dipping the rolls into the broth.