Here ya go, one of the many pizza-making projects me and my Italian husband enjoy making together. This time, I used a new keto crust made with herbs and coconut flour, eggs and cheese-the new fathead dough for me.
The sauce is always the same-Aldi Vodka Sauce because it has the fewest net carbs. The toppings, always Aldi-this time sausage, green pepper, kalamata olive, arthichoke and feta-stuffed huge green olives, sliced. topped with grated parm and mozzarella.
First, let’s talk about the pizza dough. This one is nut-free, made with coconut flour. HERE is the link I used-Sugar-Free Mom’s recipe. The only change I made was to mix in my KA mixer with a dough hook at the end. I did what she suggested-placed a second piece of parchment paper over the dough and rolled it out with a rolling pin-PERFECTO!
Thin and wonderfully easy and not too messy. Here’s a photo gallery showing the crust steps ~
- I used Aldi block of Mozzarella-2 of them and shredded them myself.
- Aldi cream cheese-half of 1 package
- Aldi doesn’t have coconut flour YET, so I order it online. You can also buy it at grocery stores or in bulk. You need 1 cup.
- I added Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- 4 eggs-from Aldi, of course-only .99 a dozen.
- Come on, Aldi, get with the LC/Keto Program-provide us with alternative flours and sugars and flatbread/tortillas!!!
Now on to the sauce and toppings ~
Recipe Notes from Brenda on her blog post HERE
Nutritional information does not include toppings. Net Carbs: 4.7g
Low Carb Pizza
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs beaten
- Toppings and cheese/sauce of your choosing
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a microwaveable bowl add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
Microwave 2 minutes.
Stir until combined.
Whisk flour and dried seasonings together.
Add the eggs to the dried seasonings and stir until combined.
Add this to the cheese mixture and continue to stir until incorporated.
Wet your hands and spread mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet or use a rolling pin between two pieces of parchment. For a thin crust, measure out a 12 x 16 rectangle.
Spread as evenly as you can all the way to the edges of the pan, continue to wet your hands with water if necessary to prevent sticking.
Using a fork make holes into the crust.
Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
Add your toppings and bake 10-15 additional minutes to melt cheese.