Maybe it’s a Southern thing, but pimento cheese is a staple in the South. We all grew up on it-filling soft, white bread (sometimes crustless) with it.
This is my own creation for a homemade spread. Use it to fill sandwiches or on celery. I put it on lowcarb wraps. You can also add fresh, minced jalapeno peppers to the mix-you won’t be sorry you did.
- 1 c medium cheddar or longhorn cheese grated
- 3/4 c monterey jack cheese grated
- 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2/3 c real mayonnaise not salad dressing-i use duke's
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 Tbsp diced pimentos drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder optional-i use a tiny dash
Mix cheeses in a large bowl and add mayonnaise and cream cheese. Mix by hand until thoroughly combined.
Add pimentos and seasonings and mix. Add more mayonnaise if too dry. Serve on bread as a sandwich, or as a dip or snack on celery. Refrigerate leftovers.