I started this recipe by opening up my pantry and fridge, and this is what I came up with-do what you can with what you have is my motto. It earned me my first Blue Ribbon!
Soft Choco-Peanutty Cookies
- 1 c butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3.9 oz dry chocolate instant pudding & pie filling
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla; continue beating until mixed thoroughly.
- Add baking soda and pudding mix; continue beating until combined.
- Slowly add flour, beating slowly with mixer (mixture will be thick) and set aside while making filling.
- In a small bowl combine peanut butter and powdered sugar; mix with wooden spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Lightly flour your hands and make a ball the size of a walnut from the chocolate mixture; pat into a circle in the palm of your hand; Make a small dime-size ball from the peanut butter filling and put in the middle of the chocolate cookie; roll into ball, keeping peanut butter filling in the middle.
- Place 3” apart-you may only get 6 larger cookies on the cookie sheet; Bake 8-10 minutes-do not overbake, but make sure your finger indentation in the center remains.
- Remove from oven and let set 2 minutes until removing to cooling rack; Let cool 5-10 additional minutes. Makes about 36 large cookies.