I love soft cookies-oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, peanut butter.
This is a wonderful recipe I got from a neighbor in Washington from a neighbor around 1984. I’ve used it for Christmas cookies, Chocolate Chip cookies, Easter cookies and more. Everyone loves them.
- 1 c butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 small pkg dry instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips or m&m candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixer bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, on medium high speed.
- Add vanilla and eggs; beat until combined on medium speed in mixing bowl.
- Add baking soda and pudding mix; beat on low until combined. Add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, beating on slow speed, until all is added, scraping sides with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in Chocolate chips by hand. Spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet, parchment paper or silpat mat for 10-12 minutes, just until set but not too brown.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove cookies from cookie sheet to cooling rack to cool slightly. Best Warm!